If you’re searching for effective schemes to improve your Apex rental property, just upgrading your lighting is an excellent starting point. Installing new lighting can make your rental look more charming to potential tenants, increase the value of your property, and aid you in keeping your rates competitive. This blog post will talk about various lights you will have to install in your rental property and why they are essential. We’ll similarly offer tips on choosing the right light fixtures for your needs.
Types of Lighting
When you’re lighting your rental property, you should install three major types: ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
Ambient Lighting. Ambient lighting is light that fills a room with extensive illumination. This brand of light is focal for making a space feel comfortable and charming. It’s moreover essential for safety to help stop trips and falls. You can place ambient lighting in your rental property by affixing ceiling lights, wall sconces, or floor lamps.
Task Lighting. Task lighting is commonly designed to brighten up specific room areas where people work. This sort of light is significant for making a well-lit workspace and reducing eye strain. You can position task lighting in your rental property by adding desk lamps, pendant lights, or track lighting.
Accent Lighting. Accent lighting is utilized to highlight specific features of a room or to bring about a certain feeling. This classification of light can accentuate architectural features, artwork, or furniture. You can set up accent lighting in your rental property by adding recessed lights, track lighting, or wall sconces.
Choosing the Right Lighting Fixtures
When selecting lighting fixtures for your rental property, it’s important to get fixtures that are durable and simple to keep clean. This can make light fixtures last longer and make maintenance so much easier over the long run. Additional factors you should also consider include:
- The size of the room: Make it a point to select fixtures that are proportional to the size of the room.
- The style of the property: Choose fixtures that complement the style of your property.
- The wattage of the bulbs: Make certain to decide on bulbs with the appropriate wattage for each fixture.
- The color temperature of the light: Choose a light bulb with a comfortable color temperature for tenants.
- The price: Choose fixtures that fit your budget.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Light Fixtures
Upgrading your light fixtures can have various gains for property owners, including:
- Increased property value: Furnishing new lighting can improve the appearance and value of your rental property.
- Attracting more tenants: New lighting can make your rental property more enticing to potential tenants.
- Keeping rates competitive: Enhancing your lighting can aid you to keep your rental rates competitive.
Affixing new lighting to your rental property can be an effective way to increase the look and feel of your space. It can, in addition, help increase the value of your property and attract more tenants. By using the simple tips in this blog post, you can quite easily decide on suitable fixtures for your needs.
Still, upgrading your rental property raises several principal questions. If you’d desire some expert advice on upgrades that will endow you with the biggest return for every dollar you spend, contact one of our professional Apex property managers. You can call at 919-827-1107 or contact us online.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.